Are you an African, an artist, a student or an entrepreneur with talent in multimedia? Then the Digital Lab Africa Incubation is opened to you for application.
The Digital Lab Africa Incubator is initiated by the French Embassy and the French Institute of South Africa in partnership with DISCOP Africa, TRACE, Lagardère studios and leading companies.
The Digital Lab Africa Call for projects is open to anyone, professional or not, from the sector of digital content creation: artists, producers, developers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
Also, DLA is looking for innovative projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support.
It targets developing projects, in need of partners and financial support, innovative projects from the perspective of form, narration, content and technologies utilized.
The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to offer a springboard to the creators of tomorrow’s multimedia productions. The platform will allow creative multimedia projects to come to light with the support of French and Sub-Saharan African partners like Lagardère Studios, ARTE or Triggerfish Animation.
The call for projects by Digital Lab Africa focusses on five categories of multimedia productions:
- Web creation/Tansmedia
- Virtual Reality
- Video Game
- Digital Music
- Digital Lab Africa call for projects is open to any professional or individual in multimedia creation: artists, producers, start-up, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Participants at the Digital Lab Africa platform must be residents or nationals of one of the sub-Saharan African countries: South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comores, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The winners will take away:
- a cash prize to the value of 3,000 euro
- an Incubation Pass for Digital Lab Africa to accompany the development phase of their project between May and December 2018
- The DLA incubation Pass comprises: mentorship in the development of projects by the French and Sub-Saharan African partners for each of the categories (studios, producers, broadcasters, distributors)
- a period of residence in France within the partner organization and/or a digital cluster
- Participation at multimedia reference events.
- All submitted projects should be set down in French or English. They should target an international audience. It is about developing projects, researching partners and financial support.
- The projects should be innovative in form, narration, content or technologies employed.
The following documents should be sent in French or in English
- presentation dossier of the project (5-8 pages maximum): visual/graphic components, solutions/technological tools, scenario, target audience, budget requirements, financial plan, production schedule.
- beta version/pre-release, a video, a pilot or a demo of the project (if available)
- biography of the principle of the project/ description of the company or collective (300 words maximum)
- photo .jpeg of the applicant who is submitting the project
These documents should be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of projects is 25 February 2018