The MEST Accra Incubator is looking for an incubator fellow for a 1 year assignment supporting software startups in Accra, Ghana. The Incubator is home to over fifteen (and growing!) funded early stage technology startups, comprised of graduates from our award-winning training program that recruits exceptional talent from Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa (meltwater.org/incubator)
The African technology ecosystem is evolving at a blistering pace, and MEST Accra is looking for someone who is excited to dive into uncharted waters and help the teams write the playbook on how to build and scale world-class technology companies from Africa.
You’ll be supported by the team in Ghana and San Francisco and report directly to the General Manager of the MEST Accra Incubator.
Skills & Requirements
- Experienced: You have at least 2-4 years experience in an operational role at technology startups, or a consulting background. You can quantify your success in helping teams build and sell products people love.
- Entrepreneurial: You have strong user acquisition instincts and can help a team market what they’ve built. You’re a born hustler who thrives in uncertain environments, with the grit to do whatever it takes to make an early stage team successful.
- Articulate: You’re able to communicate clearly and convincingly with different stakeholders, including portfolio founders, MEST management, potential hires, and investors.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
- Work closely with 3 to 5 assigned portfolio companies to scope and prioritize projects, understand user needs, and translate them into requirements. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Lead analysis of core metrics and KPIs including user engagement and retention.
- Advise the team in other areas of business growth as needed (eg. user acquisition, recruitment) and connect them to resources that help them achieve their goals.
- Liaise between company and incubator management. This will include making sure that reports and KPIs are reported accurately and on time.
NICE TO HAVE
While not strictly required, we’d be particularly excited if you:
- Have an enviable rolodex of warm relationships at numerous companies
- Are familiar with or have a very active interest in how technology entrepreneurship is evolving in Africa or other fast moving emerging markets.
- Have a background in product management, digital marketing or sales
- Have experience in the following spaces: consumer mobile apps, ecommerce platforms, agriculture
Application Deadline: Nov. 15, 2017
Interested Candidates can apply here